Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My Doggie

I once had a doggie without any eyes
One lip three legs and a wheel
He had no fur, half a tail tween his thighs
But he had that puppy appeal

He couldn’t play fetch and he couldn’t play dead
But he played heck of a chirstoper reeve
He did the whole thing with the immovable head
And had tubes to eat pee and breath

He’d perk up his ear whenever I came home
From work or from getting his pills
He’d take his green tounge and lap up the foam
Spilling forth from his experminteal gills

His empty eye sockets would look up at me
And say I am loyal to you
Even if I can’t lift my legs to pee
Or speak like other dogs do

So I loved him in spite of his missing fourth rib
In spite of his lack of a nose
We cuddled at night next to the crib
Where he slept as his rectal skin glowed

He wasn't a freak no more than you are
Right down to his undersized head
He was special and different, He was hit by a car
And now my Doggie is Dead

No comments: